Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tis The Season

Tis the Season for Pumpkin Patching! Doug's parents church does a wonderful youth fundraiser every year with a Pumpkin Patch. We went a few weekends ago with Lindsay and Cole and Grandma Jones.

We had so much fun walking among the pumpkins and Katie even tried to bite a few.

My child absolutely loves to be outdoors so I got some really good pictures of her smiling, thus the picture overload on this post.

The Pumpkin Patch has several good places set up specifically for photo ops so I took full advantage!

I bought her little pumpkin dress last year before she was even born. It was on final sale at Strasburg after Halloween last year. I was about 38 weeks pregnant and remember holding the dress over my belly trying to imagine what she would like in it almost a year later.

In my wildest dreams, I couldn't have imagined a more personality filled, beautiful child. She takes my breath away with her smiles and her looks and her actions. Oh those actions - she can throw some fits for sure.

We had so much fun at the Pumpkin Patch even though our time was limited - we were there during a Penn State halftime! Doug graciously allowed us some time into the 3rd quarter.

We got some good video of Katie walking at the patch. At that point, she had not taken more than a few steps at a time. She really turned it on there and hasn't looked back since!

I can't wait for many more Pumpkin Patch visits - you can't beat the free entertainment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a long blog entry and no comments!?? C'mon folks! Rachel always has the most well-written and funny blog entries, but I may be a bit biased. Oh,and that has got to be the cutest child ever! Again, a bit biased.

Don't let the lack of comments discourage you from blogging, sweetheart. I'm always waiting for the next entry!
-Doug

susan said...

...perhaps folks are intimated about putting comments on the blog written by an English major?! But as for me....I read with relish and devour the photos!!! The colors on these pics. were excellent too and I never get tired of reading about Katie and her cousins...she is blessed to have Cole and Dylan! And very blessed to have great parents who adore her and support her!

Melissa said...

Sorry I'm late in commenting - I had meant to do it several days ago!! Katie's outfit is SOOOO adorable. I love the pictures! And I hope we're going to see some Halloween pics too! :-)