On July 31 (very late post, sorry), we headed up North for my brother's wedding. We caravaned with Doug's parents and took two days to get there. We stayed Friday night in Staunton, VA at a great hotel that had this wonderful playground where Katie got out some energy before loading back up in the car for antoher day of driving.
My dad arranged for us to stay in a beautiful home in the heart of Amish country, Pennsylvania. There were goats and chickens for us to watch and listen to. There was a horse track just down from the house where Surrey horses are trained for their Amish lifestyle.
There were corn fields all around us and Katie and I went searching for Shoeless Joe in these fields but we couldn't find him! The wedding festivities were fantastic but since I was in the wedding, I didn't get to take any pictures so I am waiting on some from some other guests. The wedding was held outdoors on a gorgeous hill and it was so cool to watch Nancy and her Dad come up over the hill as the wedding began and then she and Gabriel leave over that same hill at the end. At the top of the hill, he twirled her around and then they vanished over the hill. So perfect! The ceremony was great except for the bridesmaid who threw up during it - oh wait, that was me. Doug is convinced I was trying to get some attention - but I will let you judge for yourself. I was actually pretty sick most of the trip and after telling people for the umpteenth time that I was not pregnant, I went to the doctor and found out I had/have an ulcer. I am treating it now and am feeling much better.
After the wedding, we drove further North in PA to visit with Grandma Baggerly. We had a great home cooked meal and walked over to an ice cream shop after dinner. The next morning, we met up with some other relatives and then drove over to see the Joneses land up on The Hill. It was a beautiful day and we were able to stop at a local stand and get some corn to have when we got back to South Carolina.
We made it home Wednesday and have been still trying to get settled into the Joneses house. Things have been busy, but good. Katie turns 9 months old tomorrow and that is a hard pill to swallow! It seems like 9 months is such a different number than 8. She's growing up so fast and I'm trying to slow her down!

2 comments:
Sounds like so much fun. I know my Grandma loved your company - love that picture of her with Katie!
I know ya'll had fun....it's looks beautiful there!!
Post a Comment